Monday, January 31, 2011

Oh, there you are, Old Man Winter!

Hate me if you must, but I am a recent convert to the cult of Snow.  Growing up in the mid-Atlantic meant that I never really realized that snow could stick around for a full season - what a shock it was to come back to college after spring break my freshman year in Poughkeepsie and see snow still on the ground! in March! Spend enough time in upstate NY, though, and you get a bit more used to it. Now, I love snowshoeing, love the sound of snow squeaking underfoot on a walk, love the silence as it blankets the roads.

And so it was with great joy that I read the following:
* ACCUMULATIONS:  TOTAL SNOWFALL ACCUMULATIONS WILL GENERALLY RANGE FROM 15 TO 30 INCHES.

Can it be? Can we really make up for our pathetic excuse for winter in one fell swoop? I leave you with a portion of Lewis Caroll's Jabberwocky to more fully express my feelings.

Oh frabjous day! Calloo! Callay!
He chortled in his joy.

No comments :

Post a Comment