Monday, August 22, 2011

Guess what?

I got a clothesline.

My husband is awesome. He scored the pulleys at a yard sale for a dollar.

I've wanted a clothesline for at least 6 months, but could never figure out a good place to put a free-standing one. Ok, truthfully, I never wanted to spend the money on it. But M. is crafty and has a better eye for spatial arrangement than I have. So recently while I was inside doing some sort of gendered housework, he was outside cutting, drilling, and hanging.

Thus far I've only hung big things up, because I don't have any clothespins and I don't have the memory required to remember to go buy them. All the light stuff (dish towels, hand towels) has just blown off. But blankets, bath towels, my jeans, and my sweatshirt? Holy cow. The proselytizers claim line dried stuff smells better. I was skeptical. I was wrong. Mmmh, I want to wrap myself in line dried fabric!

There's one hitch, though. What the heck am I supposed to do about all the cat hair? It doesn't get sucked off like in a dryer. I put everything in the dryer on the Wrinkle setting (thank you fancy dryer with steam!) so I don't have to iron, but it's not really long enough to take care of the problem. So if anyone in the ether has suggestions on how to rid line dried fabrics of cat hair, I welcome them!

No comments :

Post a Comment