Thursday, December 22, 2011

Fun with Gus

It was obvious this past weekend that my slothfulness is negatively affecting the dog, so we went for a nice long walk at the park on both S-days. M. was out hunting with his friend, so it was just me and the dog.

Saturday it was windy and chilly, but not cold enough for the ground to be frozen. I ended up with sopping wet pants and a drippy, muddy, stinky dog.

Sunday, it was c.o.l.d. There was a dusting of snow on the ground, and I broke through a rime of ice on a puddle only once (and then the hem of my pants froze). Gus was pretty well covered in mudsicles by the end, but he had a high old time romping and running.


We went towards the end of the day. I had a pot of brown turkey stock simmering on the stove (benefit 2 of spatchcocking the turkey is having a backbone to roast for stock!) so we only had time to do one big loop. He was incredibly busy the entire time, pointing up a storm and following scent trails. And, see his blaze orange? It was still hunting season, so both he and I had some on.

Mine is not quite as flattering as his, though. Clearly it belongs to M., but at least it zipped over my beast of a belly!
Admit it. You want one.
 

No comments :

Post a Comment