Monday, February 27, 2012

Firsts.

Getting dressed to come home, in my brother's blue sweater. Let the tradition of hand-me-downs begin!

 First official tummy time/face plant.

First bath. She really dug the inside of the hooded towel, apparently.

First time Tucker realized he lost his place at the top of hierarchy.

She's two weeks old today, and truly I cannot believe it's been two weeks. One, it feels like it's been an eternity, and two, it feels like I was still pregnant yesterday. Dear god, two weeks ago at this time I had just started pushing. Boy, was that awful. The intervening time has been great, though; I'm so totally overcome with the need to just love on this little baby from sunup to sundown.

Today is a big day. We are going to the grocery store in a little while. AND I'm doing laundry. Adapting to life with a newborn has meant that I've had to greatly minimize my expectations - I am shocked to find that I have neither the time nor the motivation to DO things. I am realizing that I should have listened to what they said about labor, exhaustion, and housework. But really, when have I ever done what I should?

3 comments :

  1. congratulations!! she's gorgeous :)

    rest when you can & let the other stuff go--there will always be laundry to do and a house to clean, but you won't always have a teeny little newborn to snuggle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks like a mini matt laying next to tucker! tucker is looking like he's still carrying a little holiday weight ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love her!!! Dont forget your very helpful neighbor whos just a phone call away if you need help or a break or someone to talk too!!!!

    ReplyDelete