Monday, March 26, 2012

In which I determine...

... what the soundtrack for Charlotte's second month is going to be.

A brief background: in high school, I fancied myself a bit of a new-fangled hippie. I dug on Pete Seeger, mountain music, and flannel shirts.

Now, I find myself searching for easy-to-sing songs with which to serenade Charlotte. I usually sing the few verses of whatever random mountain music song I can remember at the time - typically, Barbara Allen, Little Sparrow, In the Sweet By and By. But a few nights ago, in my sleep deprived stupor, I remembered nearly all the words to Joan Baez' version of East Virginia Blues. That led me to trawl through my iTunes library, where I stumbled upon...
Source
Honestly, I've no idea when I uploaded that album. But boy howdy, am I glad I did. Now, this little doll

 doesn't have to listen to depressing songs about lovers dying too soon, or death in general. And amazingly, I find that I'm able to remember most of the words to these songs, the likes of which I definitely sang in Montessori school. I think? Either that, or my dad's 1960's musical tastes really rubbed off on me.

Now, if only I had Abiyoyo on iTunes. I definitely remember listening to that on a cassette tape. Anyone else?

1 comment :

  1. omg bumbo makes babies look sooo much cutier!!!! I love that!!!

    ReplyDelete