Wednesday, June 6, 2012

June VA-VOOM

A_Leo said it best:
Yesterday as I was going through my Google Reader, I came across this post from Keight at Put Up Your Dukes.

Immediately I shared it with Joie. We didn't even discuss, but I knew she'd sign up, so right away I emailed Keight. Last night I got an email from Keight outlining the point system, what the winners win and the rules, and I was super excited.

This is just what I need! Hopefully it keeps me motivated this month, but I must admit, I have a feeling it's going to be a wee bit depressing when I see how much other people are doing and how little I am. Think positively! It's go time!

She was right, of course, I did sign up. And I contributed my $10, along with at least 40 other people. While I don't stand a chance of winning it all (hello, already the leader has a disgusting 72 points, while I have a mere 17), I figure MAYBE I might be able to place 8th, and at least get something?

Ultimately, though, this is crazy good motivation. I have a slightly competitive nature, and yesterday I actually went for a walk with the express goal of getting further ahead of A_Leo. Sorry kid.


No comments :

Post a Comment