Thursday, November 15, 2012

Late Fall Weekend

My dear friend Lottie came up (from the wilds of Brooklyn!) to visit this past weekend. I picked her up at the train station in Poughkeepsie, and we went to the Mid-Hudson Children's Museum. Even though Charlotte was developing a double ear infection, she seemed to have a great time. The Museum is definitely geared towards bigger kids - at least, kids that are walking - but they had a room for the under-three crowd that was super fun.

I'm not sure who was having more fun here...

They also had this cool water table that was a model of the Hudson River. The concept was well over Charlotte's head, but she had a good time splashing.

After playing for close to two hours, we went to get lunch. Charlotte enjoyed her Cheerios, as always. Lottie and I enjoyed our sandwiches.

The following day, Charlotte's cold was not getting any better, so she slept a lot. After her morning nap, we took a quick trip up to the playground so we could go on the swings - her new favorite thing, truly.
You can tell she really wasn't feeling too great, but me, I was loving up my cuddly baby! Hat tip to Lottie for snagging this photo.

Then, we took a trip to Brewery Ommegang and Fly Creek Cider Mill.

And I finally got a shot of Charlotte with pumpkins.

All she wanted to do was eat the stems. All Lottie and I wanted to do was enjoy the 40+ samples that Fly Creek has in their store.

We had such a good time with Auntie Lottie. She's one of those friends who are really more like family: the family you choose! Charlotte thought she was great.

No comments :

Post a Comment