Wednesday, January 12, 2011

New year, new you.

Having completed a list of accomplishments for 2010, I compiled a list of top 11 for 2011. The title of my list is: Stop being so damn trifling.  
  1. Run a minimum of 6 miles a week. Every week, no matter where I am or how I feel.
  2. Can more food. This is no joke, I have space in my freezers for maybe 2 extra half-gallons of ice cream, and that's it.
  3. Spend an extra 5 minutes each night putting something away. Hopefully this will make my sporadic clean-ups of the house much easier. It should also help my marriage. Hi, my name is Joanna, and I'm a slob.
  4. Grow a fully organic garden. I'm not fully against chemicals, god knows I love me some processed food. But when I'm the one delivering the lethal doses of pesticides, it seems a lot more evil.
  5. Take pilates/gyrotonic classes. My mother routinely kicks my butt at strength exercises, and now I'm ashamed of my core muscles. Plus, it's no fun having a beer gut if you don't drink beer.
  6. Beat my Army Ten-Miler time from 2010. At the rate I'm going, I should have a respectable time when I turn 40. 
  7. Spend 20 minutes every day doing something with the dog. Waking, running, fetching, training, roughhousing, whatever. Even on Mondays. Especially when I don't feel like getting out of bed. Yelling "no! off!" does not count.
  8. Do more projects. A continuation of last year's accomplishment. 
  9. Remember the joy of sitting with a book. In the sun, on the porch, by the fire, curled up under a blanket. I was a champion reader as a child, and have somewhat gotten away from that. I miss that pleasure and want it back.
  10. Continue exploring homesteading and similar endeavors. 
  11. Run a half marathon. I have no illusions of running one quickly, I just really want to earn the right to a 13.1 sticker for my car. 
So far, 1.5 weeks in, I'm doing ok. I'm on track to get 6+ miles fun for this week, did 8+ last week. The dining room table continues not to have stuff piled on it, so I must be putting it away. I finished another scarf. I have only slacked one day with the dog. Onward!

No comments :

Post a Comment