Friday, July 15, 2011

An introduction.

I'm fairly certain I have at least mentioned Winnie, our 2nd cat. She has evil eyes; I'm positive she plots my death for at least two hours a day. Winnie is small, weighing in at only 7.5 pounds. Tucker, the other, tops out around 17. You'd think skirmishes between the two of them would be unfair, but it bears repeating - she is evil. Strategic, this one.

And also, of questionable intelligence.
This is a small window in our bathroom. While both cats enjoy sitting in it when open, only Winnie can actually fit her limbs inside the window frame. Here she sits, enjoying the morning sun. Literally 1 second after I took this picture (you can tell because she's already started moving and hence is blurry), she decided to exit the window. Like any normal cat, she leapt down. Unlike most normal cats, though, she got her foot stuck.in.the.window.frame.

So there I was, sitting on the porcelain throne, with a cat dangling spread-eagled from the window not 6 inches in front of me. Oh god, the noise she was making at 7:30 on a Sunday morning. It should have been illegal. I picked her up with one hand and kind of smushed her back into the window frame. Eventually I collected myself, and she extricated her paw.

We swore never to speak of it again.

I lied.

No comments :

Post a Comment