Thursday, August 11, 2011

It begins thusly.

The slow, steady, likely-inevitable transition from all-purpose blog to mommyblog. Can't say as I was really prepared for this aspect of impending motherhood!

Still, I'll keep it on a subject that was near and dear to my heart pre-implantation: food. It is obvious to even the most casual observer that I love food. To wit, a conversation at the office today:

Co-worker (with derision): Oh, you're the one who heated up food.
Me: Yes, I am. And it is delicious and you will not be able to make me feel bad about it.
Co-worker: (Stony silence).

In my defense, it was probably one of the most olfactorily innocuous meals ever constructed: toasted whole grain kaiser roll, sundried tomato and basil hummus, basil leaves, 1/3 of a cucumber, and 3 slices of cheese. I'm having this for dessert:
Just ignore the moldy split tomato in the middle. I threw it out. But then I ate too many tomatoes and the new picture looks super lame.
This is my first decent-sized batch of cherry tomatoes this year. It's been a slow season in terms of getting to the point of mature fruits!I have 6 Bellstar tomatoes sitting on the counter at home. Now the question becomes - when will I have enough tomatoes to warrant blanching and canning?

No comments :

Post a Comment