Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Can we build it? Yes we can!

It being a reasonable base for this race I've got in, oh, 24 days.

Yesterday morning I coerced M. into running instead of walking. I did 2.5ish miles on an out-and-back, he did a 5k loop with the dog. My run felt good; I've gotten (I think) really good at understanding what my body is telling me and adjusting accordingly. It helps that this morning it was cool enough that I was chilled during the warm-up walk. I love love LOVE running in cold weather.

But the troubling thing is my muscles. They were so tired! After a measly 2.5 miles! I'm blaming it on the fact that I haven't done much of anything for, um, 10 days. Probably I was also mildly dehydrated and low on fuel, as I ran on a totally empty stomach. I really need to get into the habit of drinking and eating pre-run.

This afternoon I'm going to try running with a co-worker. We'll see how I do with back-to-back runs. I purchased a hand-held water bottle to hopefully encourage me to drink more water while running. Mostly I'm really excited about having a pocket! For the life of me, I'll never understand why a majority of clothes don't come with pockets. I mean, seriously, a running skirt? Should have a pocket. If I'm running, I'm probably not carrying a purse.

Amphipod Hydraform Handheld Lite in Breeze
 So excited to use my new accessory today!

No comments :

Post a Comment