Tuesday, September 27, 2011

What do you mean, I'm a Luddite?

At the urging of a few friends, I joined Pinterest (I think my username is Mamajoie). I get how it's cool. I get how it's a good way to organize stuff. What I don't get is how to do it. Do I follow people? Do I get followers? It's entirely too confusing. Quick, Gertrude, bring the smelling salts! She's got the vapors!

For serious, stuff like this makes me feel so o.l.d. Hello, what is wrong with me? I don't get Twitter, I don't get Pinterest, I didn't even understand Google Reader until a few months ago. I'm still relatively resistant to online shopping, can't stand the thought of an e-reader (though I will say the Kindle app on my phone has come in handy a few times), and prefer the cashier to the self-checkouts at the grocery store.

Shhhh, don't tell, but secretly I'm 87 years old.

No comments :

Post a Comment