Wednesday, October 5, 2011

T minus...



Oh mother lover! This race is in three days and some hours. Physically, I am vastly unprepared for it, but I think my mind is in the right place. Dad and I have agreed that unless we're both feeling really great, we're going to turn at the 5-mile mark and take the 'easy' way out. That cuts 2 miles off the total distance.


The green is the route we'd take if we shorten the race. I'm planning on either having some Sport Beans or some weirdly awesome Power Bar gel chew thingies around mile 4. I've realized - I can't run well without fuel these days. Funny how that works. Used to be I could bang out 6 miles before breakfast. My, but things change.

I'm nervous, excited, and can't wait for this week to be over so I can git 'er done!

No comments :

Post a Comment