Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Back home

Charlotte did fantastically well on our trip. She slept the entire way there (and back!), but that was expected.

She entertained Grandma for a while while M and I went for a 4 mile run Saturday morning. This was the first time the two of us had left her with anyone for more than 15 minutes, and, surprise, she did fine. And since I was so focused on running and hating the fact that his parents live at the top of a hill, I did fine, too.

We had lots of visitors on Saturday, and Charlotte was a champ. I had expressed my concern to M that she was going to be overstimulated once all his family got there - they can be a little loud. He noted that during her witching hours (from 5:00-8:00), she does best if she's being held, and that chances were, she wouldn't get put down much at all once his family arrived. Sometimes his wisdom surprises me. He was right, of course, but don't tell him that!

Great Aunt June giving Charlotte a bottle. The little hungry girl took 5 ounces in one fell swoop! Aren't the two of them adorable?

Sunday went just as smoothly as Saturday. She slept through most of breakfast, then blew out her diaper at the diner. Grandma and I ended up in the bathroom giving her a serious wipe-down. At one point, she was holding a very naked Charlotte while I removed the dirty changing pad, and, you guessed it, she peed all over Grandma's shoes and the floor. And of course, we had an audience for that. We were in hysterics. I was laughing so hard I had a hard time getting the diaper closed. It's always an adventure with us. 

1 comment :