Friday, September 14, 2012

The further adventures...

of Charlotte!

We took a night off from family to go visit my friend. Mom volunteered to drive us over there, but I knew that Charlotte's first Metro ride would be worthy of documentation, so I turned her down.

Here she is, waiting for the train. We missed one by maybe 20 seconds because I couldn't get the #$*&*! stroller through the fare card gates. Rookie mistake. I felt like such a tourist!
Note her death grip on Oscar the dog, a gift from our cousins. He is her traveling companion.

 And here, on the way home. Just outside the frame were two tourists. She was such a flirt, laughing and grinning at them, and I swear to you, they took photos of her. She has papparazzi.

Verdict: she enjoyed the Metro trains themselves, but did not particularly enjoy the waiting for them.

2 comments :

  1. Aww, love this post, especially because you live in D.C. and are taking photos of the Metro! We moved from Capitol Hill to Sicily last year and I miss D.C. so much, even though I love our new home. I found your blog through the Year of Less blog and am inspired by your recent list of goals, too! How are they holding up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that your comment about your rookie mistake with the fare card gates, lines up with your 'About Me' city-slicker turned exurbanite comment. This is what you get for becoming a country mouse! But though I tease, I'm really glad you both made it out and we got to catch up! See you next visit?

    ReplyDelete