Thursday, February 24, 2011

H-u-n-g-r-y, you ain't got no alibi!

One of the bloggers at the Times Union recently posted something that actually made me nod my head in agreement:
 Many of us feel hungry when we aren’t and then eat when we don’t need to.
Here are just some of the things (other than an empty stomach) that spell hungry for me:
  • time of day
  • deadline at work
  • watching a movie
  • watching someone else eat something good
  • being bored
  • being tired
  • feeling anxious
  • procrastinating
  • being in the same room as ice cream
  • the Food Network
  • peer pressure
  • knowing I won’t be able to eat later (I call it preventive eating)
  • the smell of baked anything 

Don't you just agree with everything on here? I'd only make a few changes:
  • being in the same house as ice cream, baked goods, or Halloween candy
  • watching food commercials (especially ones that feature cheese or chocolate)
  • watching TV without something in my hands like knitting or magazine-recipe-culling
What would you add to the list?

    No comments :

    Post a Comment