Friday, March 18, 2011

In honor

of St. Patrick's Day, the local classic rock station played 'Whiskey in the Jar,' a U2 song, and a Van Morrison song all in a row. It seemed a good omen for last night's 4.14 mile run, so I put on my neon green long-sleeved shirt (courtesy of the Stockade-athon, which I highly recommend) and set off with hubs and the dog. About half a mile in, when the past 3 weeks of complete inactivity threatened to completely derail my motivation, I had the following conversation with myself:

-God, why do I run? This is the worst activity everrrr.
-Shut up and stop whining, you sound like A.Leo.
-Nice. Real friendly.
-Seriously. Try singing in your head, that usually helps.
-I can't think of any good songs. I hate this.
-There's whiskey in the jar-o!
-You're right! There is whiskey in the jar-o!

And so for the remainder of the run, I sang the chorus over and over. And over and over and over. I think I need to learn some of the other words to the song.

Here it is for your viewing and listening pleasure.

1 comment :