Friday, July 22, 2011

Today is brought to you by the letter...

U!

Recently I've been really playing the field when it comes to radio stations. I have 12, count 'em, 12 presets in my car. It is amazing. Sometimes I push the buttons for so long that my arm gets tired and I have to use a pencil so I don't have to reach as far. Yes world, I really am that lazy. Preset number 3  is the local oldies station. Typically I skip over it, because their djs annoy me. But when nothing good is on the other stations, it's usually my fall back.

Don't get me wrong, I really like oldies. I grew up listening to oldies. I can sing from start to finish a whole lotta oldies. Especially this one, though:


I tell you, that song came on the radio and I was magically transported back to my parents' living room. To the brownish tweed couch, the clear lucite stacking tables that I would use as backrests on the floor, and hands down one of my favorite Sesame Street clips ever.

Although now that I see it again, it's a touch creepy.

No comments :

Post a Comment